Watch a short video about going to court on the Victims Support Agency (VSA) website. The video explains how the court system deals with different types of crimes, what to do if you need to go to court and the types of support you can access during this time.
The VSA website can also help you understand:
- how to get information about your court case
- what ‘summons’ and ‘subpoenas’ mean
- different types of courts and hearings
- getting ready for court
- giving evidence (including special information for vulnerable witnesses)
- Victim Impact Statements
- the court’s decision (including information about the Victims Register).