We welcome your feedback. Your experience of how we dealt with your complaint, or any other part of our work with you, is very important to us. Your feedback will guide our work and help us to learn and develop as an organisation.

If you would like to give us feedback or send us a confidential complaint, you can email:

enquiries@vocc.vic.gov.au (External link)

or post to:

Victims of Crime Commissioner
GPO Box 4356
Melbourne  VIC 3000

If you require assistance with making your complaint about us we can assist you. Please call us on 1800 010 017.

If you are unhappy about our response to your complaint against an organisation, you can request an internal review.  

What does an internal review involve?

A senior staff member will do the review. This person will be new to your case.

They will look into your case to see whether it was handled in a way that was consistent with our policies and procedures, and our legal obligations.

They will consider whether:

  • our staff member made decisions or took actions that were unreasonable or incorrect
  • we should have done anything better in handling your case.

What are the possible outcomes of an internal review?

The senior staff member may decide:

  • your case should be reconsidered by our office
  • our original decision was correct and nothing further will happen
  • we should make improvements to our processes.

We will contact you to tell you the outcome.

How long does an internal review take?

We aim to finish internal reviews within 30 days. We will let you know if a review is going to take longer than this.

Complaints about our Office

If you are unhappy with the way we handled your matter, please tell the staff member involved.

It is helpful if you can tell them:

  • the actions or behaviour you are unhappy with
  • the outcome you are seeking.

The staff member may:

  • apologise
  • provide an explanation
  • raise the matter with a more senior staff member who may then contact you.

If you are unsure of the staff member involved in your matter, you can make a complaint at enquiries@vocc.vic.gov.au (External link) or by calling 1800 010 017.

Organisations that take complaints about us

If your complaint is about improper conduct by a staff member in our Office, you can make a public interest complaint to the:

If you are unhappy about the way we have handled your complaint about us, you can make a direct complaint to the: